Laying the cornerstone, 1909 - The cornerstone for Antiquarian Hall at the intersection of Park Avenue and Salisbury Street was laid on October 18, 1909. Charles Francis Adams (right) is delivering his address with Waldo Lincoln beside him. Others are identified as Mr. R. Clipston Sturgis (the architect), Frederick Putnam, and Charles G. Washburn.

Photograph by The Wohlbruck Studio.

The Amerian Antiquarian Society, 1812-2012 - A View at the Bicentennial
A Keen Scent for an Old Book - Clarence S. Brigham and Waldo Lincoln, 1908-1927